Thursday, May 17, 2007

Timing is Everything!
(at least it was this time)

Being told I was a "winner" couldn't have come at a better time. For several days prior to the announcement, I was experiencing some very sad days, and this was just the thing to lift my spirits! Here's what I won:




A signed copy of this book Rises the Night (Release Date: June 5) is actually being sent to me by the author Colleen Gleason who was informed by Booklogged at A Reader's Journal that I had won the drawing she had posted on her blog. How exciting is that!?!

Rises the Night is the second in Colleen's series entitled The Gardella Vampire Chronicles. The first, in which I am going to get as soon as possible, is
The Rest Falls Away.





I'm sending a huge THANK YOU to Booklogged for providing this opportunity and assisting in turning around my week. :) And, of course, another huge THANK YOU to Colleen Gleason for her generosity. I'm so looking forward to reading her first one and the arrival of the second.

9 comments:

  1. How sweet!

    Congratulations.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yay!! YOu deserved some happy this week :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anonymous3:27 PM

    Yay for you Joy! This came at just the right time for you.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Tag, Joy. You are it. Short fun meme.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Signed by the author and everything, great!

    I need to read The Good Earth one of these days, especially since my 2 little girls are from China.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Joy, I'm happy to hear that winning this contest made for such happy results. The best thing is it's not over yet. You still get the pleasure of reading both books. Yay! for you.

    ReplyDelete
  7. DebD ~ Thank you!

    Suzi and Lynne ~ It definitely helped! :)

    Kookie ~ Thanks, but I think I'll pass. I've decided to keep this blog about the books I'm reading.

    Eileen ~ I think The Good Earth would be even more interesting to you. You should give it a try.

    Booklogged ~ It arrived yesterday!!! I have the first one now, so I'll read that when I get a chance. You know how that goes. :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hooray for you! It must be so fun to win one of the drawings. I hope your copy comes signed, too. I'm looking forward to a review when you read it.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Bellezza ~ Yes, it is fun. It came signed with a personal note. :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment. :)

I hope you have a great day and ...
Happy Reading!