Sunday, September 23, 2007

HEART SICK
Chelsea Cain
Personal Rating: 5/5
Yearly Count: 88




I'm bummed that this thrill is over, but I am elated with the results. This recently released debut thriller was quite a find! The bad news is that it is another graphically gruesome story of a serial killer. But, that's not all; there are very realistic relationships that draw you into their peculiar world that don't let you go.

Residing in Portland, Oregon is Archie Sheridan - a damaged detective, Gretchen Lowell - a beautiful serial killer, Susan Ward - a Herald reporter, and amongst many other characters . . . another serial killer. The author immerses the reader into the psychological core of these characters in a very profound way. As we root for Archie and his task force to catch the new serial killer, we embark on important aspects of several characters' lives that take us deeper still. It was very difficult to put the book down.

I only knew that this book was about a serial killer before I picked it up. Since then I have read the book jacket and have visited *Chelsea Cain's website. In my opinion, there is just waaaaaay too much information given. So, my suggestion would be to pick the book up and let the story unfold before your very own eyes and visit her very informative and interesting website when you are finished. It's definitely worth a peek; she even takes you to the crime scenes in her video clip.

*I provided the quick link to Cain's website, because I know many of you won't be able to hold back; although, I did it begrudgingly. I know that it's pure preference, but I don't want anything to be spoiled for you as you read this terrific thriller.

8 comments:

  1. This one sounds good and it's set in my hometown. Gotta read this!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds really good. A 5/5 rating from you causes me to take note. Two women serial killers is unusual. I wonder if my library has it?

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've had my eye on this one since it came out. Your review sure makes it sound enticing! I'll have to add it to my wish list.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Suzi ~ You get double the pleasure being that it's on your home turf! :)

    Booklogged ~ I have to admit that I teetered between 4.75 and 5. I gave it the benefit of the doubt because I didn't want to put it down and it never disappointed me; however, it never really shocked me either. I just love the psychological angle.

    Literary Feline ~ I saw it and had to have it. :) I was so happy that the hold didn't take long and that it turned out to be a winner (in my opinion).

    ReplyDelete
  5. Must. Get. This. Book.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Debi ~ LOL And I can't wait to read your thoughts! :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I can't wait to read this one. I put it on my list of fall 'must reads'.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Kookie ~ This one has a peculiar flavor to it. I loved it ... obviously. :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment. :)

I hope you have a great day and ...
Happy Reading!