Monday, December 31, 2007

Below are just a FEW PERSONAL STATS of 2007 that I found to be interesting:


Total Reads: 128!

This is astounding to me. I wasn't trying to reach any goal, but many things fell into place and it worked out to be a fabulous reading year for me. I do not plan on trying to reach or exceed this number in 2008. I just want to enjoy my reads. Whatever number will be, will be.



Challenges: 13!

Loved, loved, loved this experience, hence, the 18 20 I joined for 2008. HOWEVER, I'm wiser this year. I have cross-challenged as many books as I could, so I still have plenty of room for *whimpulse reads.

*whimpulse is a scientific term created by SuziQoregon at Blogging My Books to encompass both meanings of the words: whim and impulse



First in a Series: 22!

I was a tad bit surprised at this. So, I figure starting 12 more with the First in a Series Challenge is really not an issue. It's approximately 1/2 the amount I read last year! *Big Grin*



New-to-Me Authors: 96!!!

Okay, this can be looked at from several different angles; I'll point out two. One is: Hooray for me! I was able to meet so many new authors and experience the joys of unique writing styles. What fun! Another way to view this incredible number of new authors is: What in the world was I reading before them??? That's just ridiculous! Okay, I'm not going to dwell on the second angle. Let's go back to . . . Hooray for me!

12 comments:

  1. Congrats on the stats! :D Happy New Year and Happy Reading in 2008! :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. It was such a fun reading year, wasn't it? I look forward to reading your progress and reviews this coming year!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Suzi ~ I was surprised to see it in your post. :)

    Maggie ~ Happy New Year, Maggie!

    Literary Feline ~ Indeed it was! :) I look forward to your reviews as well.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Way to Go Joy! I have joined several challenges too but I have overlapped MUCH more than last year. Like you, I just want to enjoy my reading.

    Happy New Year! I have enjoyed reading your blog this past year and look forward to 2008.

    ReplyDelete
  5. That's a lot of reading! I look forward to reading your reviews in the coming year. Like you, I also read many more new authors. Have a Happy New Year!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Amy ~ Thank you, Amy! I enjoy your blog, too! :) Cross-challenging was the only way I could manage all the challenges/books I wanted to join/read. Happy New Year!

    Nyssaneala ~ I never realized how I was stuck in a rut (familiar authors). Meeting all those authors was so much fun! Happy New Year!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thirteen challenges! That's amazing. Your number of books read is also impressive. I could only estimate my totals, so I have no idea whether I should be proud of myself or if it's just a wrong estimate! But you can really be proud of your totals. And so many new authors!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Anonymous10:22 PM

    You might not have been as stuck in a rut as you thought, there are literally thousands of new books being published each year lately. Congratulations on meeting 96 new authors! I hope you enjoy the new authors you read in 2008.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Dewey ~ Thanks! It's been a lot of fun. I have chosen specific challenges to cover the books I want to read, so it should be a great year. I hope you enjoy your reading, as well. :)

    Carrie K ~ Thank you! I feel better now...seriously. :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Those are great stats! They're all impressive! I hope you enjoy lots more new authors this year too. :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Tanabata ~ Thanks! I do look forward to more new author. It was a great experience.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment. :)

I hope you have a great day and ...
Happy Reading!