Saturday, February 02, 2008

AN ABSOLUTE GENTLEMAN

R. M. Kinder
Genre: Psychological Thriller
Published: 2007
Personal Rating: 4.5/5
Yearly Count: 17



R. M. Kinder loosely based this book on her real-life relationship with a convicted murderer. It is narrated by the "gentleman" himself, sharing his life by alternating chapters of his childhood and the present as a mature adult. His words made this a very compelling and psychologically engrossing read. The tone created such a quiet and gray atmosphere, but never gloomy. I was totally drawn into his world - wanting to know more and found it to be fascinating. What a good read!

*Recommended By: J. Kaye's Book Blog

7 comments:

  1. Anonymous8:04 AM

    Sorry Joy but it is a love/hate relationship when you give a book a 4.5. I love it that I have yet another wonderful book to read....I hate it because my TBR list is enormous ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Danielle ~ Oh...I think you'd like this one. For me, it was a quiet (not frenzied) page-turner. Even though I couldn't get to it enough, it was a fast read.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'll be adding it to my TBR list! Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  4. i've got this one sitting right next to me as we speak (so to speak). i'm hoping to get to it within a week or so. thanks for the nudge!

    ReplyDelete
  5. (i was having problems with the word verification, and i don't think i got the email box checked - so i'm commenting again ... )

    ReplyDelete
  6. Crap. Like I needed another to add to the must-reads. This sounds too delicious to pass up though.
    (And if I don't want to be adding to the old list, I should just quick coming by, huh? Like that's ever gonna happen.)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Eileen ~ I look forward to reading your thoughts.

    Alison ~ Hurry, hurry! :)

    Debi ~ Well, at least there's no wondering around in a fog looking for something/anything to read. :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment. :)

I hope you have a great day and ...
Happy Reading!