Friday, February 08, 2008

TWISTED

Laurie Halse Anderson
Genre: YA Realistic Fiction
Published: 2007
Personal Rating: 3.75/5
Yearly Count: 20



The plot revolving around high school students and the plight they go through in being accepted, making mistakes, dating, dealing with parents, etc. is all explored through the eyes of Tyler Miller. His life is on a roller coaster of highs and lows, which often seems to be the case of most high schoolers. Variations of Tyler's story is true to many teens, which makes it easy for them to relate to this book.

Tyler did grow on me as his character developed and I ended up caring for him. And, for the most part, I enjoyed the intended humor. But more importantly, I think the insight this book provides about high schoolers could be invaluable to some parents. Anderson's writing flowed in sharing Tyler's struggle and the reality of this thoughts; however, I think she missed a beat or two in its resolution.

*Recommended By: Bookfoolery and Babble

5 comments:

  1. I love the cover, but have never been tempted. Probably because I taught high school.

    ReplyDelete
  2. i haven't read any of Anderson's books yet, but i have several of them on my to-read list.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Booklogged ~ I love the cover, too! I totally understand! lol

    Alison ~ I will be reading/listening to another for sure; however, I would prefer it to be outside of high school. I really want to read Fever, but I already have Speak on my iPod. I may just have to wait for the right mood to strike. We'll see. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Anonymous8:02 PM

    Joy - I know you needed ATONEMENT for a challenge - don't go out and buy it because you just WON IT! Check my blog!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lynne ~ THANK YOU!!! I'll be right over. :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment. :)

I hope you have a great day and ...
Happy Reading!