Monday, March 31, 2008

MARCH VISITORS


Dear Visitors,

A couple of weeks ago I deleted my Blogroll from my sidebar. I had several reasons for doing so and ultimately am pleased with my decision. I have decided to follow Danielle's lead and share my monthly visitors (not including challenge posts with Mister Linky) in this fashion.

The intent for my blog was purely to have a record and a little blurb (not a true review) of the books I have read. Never did I expect to receive comments (except from SuziQoregon who made me venture into the blogosphere in the first place) and meet such wonderful people - let alone discover so many book blogs, which have increased my TBR list tenfold! It's been a delightful experience and I want to thank all of those below who stopped by and left a comment during the month of March. Your comments make blogging about my books even more special. I appreciate you tremendously and hope you'll stop by again.

Happy Reading, my blogosphere friends!



Look Who Stopped By!


Raidergirl3 from An Adventure in Reading


Alisonwonderland from So Many Books, So Little Time

SuziQoregon from Blogging My Books

Framed from Framed and Booked



Booklogged from A Reader's Journal


Literary Feline from Musings of a Bookish Kitty



Rhinoa from Rhinoa's Ramblings


Melissa Walker from Melissa Walker: the blog




Mary from Bookfan

Maw Books from Maw Books Blog


Danielle says Hello from My Name is Danielle.

J. Kaye Oldner from J. Kaye's Book Blog



Darcie from Reading Derby


Susan L from Just Books



Samantha.1020 from Sam's Book Blog


Nyssaneala from Book Haven


Naida from the bookworm


Thank You


*PLEASE INFORM ME OF ANY ERRORS!*

18 comments:

  1. Anonymous9:01 AM

    Oh I am so glad you did this. I do so much better with 'lists' than random visiting from comments...I am off to 'explore' your friends' blogs. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like this idea! I may just have to steal it! ;) I don't have a blogroll on my main blog either. I just couldn't do it because I was scared somebody wouldn't be on it and feel left out. I rectified that with my "Top Ten Commentators" which fluctuates depending on who leaves comments. In fact Joy, you're number 5!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Danielle ~ Thanks for the idea! :)

    Maw Books ~ I LOVE the idea of "Top 5 Commentators"; however, I haven't seen a widget for things like that. (never looked either) :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. That list looks great - I'm at the top I notice!
    I've never done a blogroll, I wasn't quite sure the purpose of the roll, other than to list the blogs you like to visit. this was fun to see.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am always visiting Joy, sometimes just via bloglines, and now always commenting! I enjoy seeing what you have read!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Raidergirl3 ~ You must have posted on March 31st because I started there and went backwards. :)

    Marg ~ Glad you do! :) Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a great idea! I do have a blog roll but I feel like I'm always behind on updating it. This is definitely a nice way to give a shout out to all the bookish friends :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Ever since I started using Google Reader and stopped using my blogroll to link to my favorite blogs I've thought about deleting mine as well. Part of the reason why I haven't yet is because when I first started blogging I relied heavily on other's blogrolls to find new blogs (including your HUGE list).

    Anyway, thanks for the shout out!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Iliana ~ I thought it was a good idea, too! :) Other than a "Thank You!", it's an added plug for commenters to receive new visitors.

    Trish ~ I did too, Trish. Blogrolls were actually my soul source for a long time. However, I think this is a great way to thank and recognize those who comment. I have a month to figure out my format. I need a picture or something. This time I had a lot to say. Love my smiley guy though. :)

    My Google Reader account has (as you can probably guess) umpteen subscriptions. I love that feature!

    ReplyDelete
  10. It is a very nice idea, Joy. I've been toying with different ideas about my blog roll. It's easy to get behind and I haven't updated it in ages.

    I tend to use my Google Reader more often than not to follow my favorite blogs and those who I am not subscribed to, I visit based on comments. I do sometimes still use other people's blog rolls to find new blogs when I'm feeling the urge to surf the web, but that's about it.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Anonymous11:26 PM

    I think this is a really good idea. And thanks for listing all these blogs. I will say that though I do still have a blogroll, I don't add to it too much. I have to limit the time I spend reading blog or I won't ever have time to actually read books! LOL

    ReplyDelete
  12. Literary Feline ~ I follow comment links as well. Searching on Google Reader has been fun, but I need to stop! :)

    Kay ~ Same here, Kay, same here! It's not just blogs though, I have learned to skim when needed. :) I spend a lot of time on the computer in general - that limits my book reading!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Joy - I'm not familiar with Blogger so I couldn't tell you if they have anything like a "Top Commentators" widget. I self-host Wordpress on my own domain which gives me a lot of flexibility. I do enjoy having it!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Thanks Joy! Whilst pretending to work today I am going to explore all these lovely blogs! Thanks for making my Monday more interesting!!

    ReplyDelete
  15. That really is a cool idea!

    And I guarantee I'll be back...I couldn't stay away if I wanted to. And why on earth would I want to? Stay away, that is.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Maw Books ~ I just looked up the word "commenter" and there is such a word. Whew! I like commentator better though. :) I still haven't looked for a widget. For now, I think I'll do this. And, I really like your blog. It has some neat features.

    Dot ~ Hope you had fun exploring all the blogs!

    Debi ~ Thank you, Debi. You are a ray of sunshine every time you comment. :)

    ReplyDelete
  17. What a great idea! I might start this as well. I have been feeling really bad about not visiting or commenting around the blogisphere (or even replying to posts on my own blog) as much as I usually do, and this is a great idea to send out some love!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Nyssaneala ~ You shouldn't have any worries about the blogosphere. You have your hands full right now! And they are right where they need to be. :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment. :)

I hope you have a great day and ...
Happy Reading!