Friday, March 14, 2008

OBEDIENCE

Will Lavender
Genre: Conspiracy Thriller
Published: 2008
Personal Rating: 2.75/5
Yearly Count: 34



Logic & Reasoning 204 is a Winchester University course which requires the students to find a hypothetical missing girl named Polly. If they are unsuccessful in their search by the end of the term, Polly will be murdered. Early on, some of the clues given by the professor cause the students to question the hypothetical nature of the assignment. Could Polly be real?

This was a great idea, but it quickly became muddled with confusing information. It was extremely frustrating to not know what was supposed to be fact or fiction. Lavender receives credit for a very intriguing, clever idea, but no credit for his implementation.

8 comments:

  1. Oh, that's too bad that it didn't pan out. Your first paragraph had me, but the second was deflating. It does sound like a good premise.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Booklogged ~ I was so bummed! There was just too much to sort out that it became tedious reading. :(

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anonymous11:14 PM

    I have a copy of this. I'll still try it and see if my take on it is any better. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Kay ~ I truly hope you enjoy it more than I did.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Anonymous2:12 PM

    I have a copy of this on hold at the library. Can't wait to read it!

    ReplyDelete
  6. J. Kaye ~ I hope you love it! :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. i think i'll give this one a try (when i get a chance). it does appear to be a very intriguing, clever idea!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Alison ~ Even though it frustrated me, I would suggest you give it a try, too. :) I can't wait to read other people's reviews. Maybe I was moody during the time I read it, who knows!?!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment. :)

I hope you have a great day and ...
Happy Reading!