Monday, July 21, 2008

16th Challenge Completed!

This was such a successful challenge for me - I loved all my choices! I hope I get back to reading more non-fiction as the year progresses.


Non-Fiction Five Challenge Reads:

1. The Borden Tragedy (Geary)
2. A Walk in the Woods (Bryson)
*3. Maus I: A Survivor's Tale - My Father Bleeds History (Spiegelman)
4. The Lost Boy (Pelzer)
*5. Maus II: A Survivor's Tale - And Here My Troubles Began (Spiegelman)
6. Emotional Blackmail (Forward)

*Only 5 books were required, but I considered Maus I and Maus II as one book for this challenge.


Here is my original list of books with links to my thoughts.


Favorite:
(they were all terrific reads, however, this is
the only one that received a 5/5)
Maus II: A Survivor's Tale - And Here My Troubles Began (Spiegelman)

9 comments:

  1. And here I was all happy with myself that I've finished 3 books for this one so far :)

    Seriously, congrats once again to my reading idol!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations! Another one bites the dust. You've completed a lot of challenges this year.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congrats-that's awesome! I will say again that you amaze me with all these challenges you manage to get through-lol.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congratulations! I loved A Walk in the Woods and Emotional Blackmail sounds quite helpful.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Congrats on finishing! I'm sort of done, I've read 5 non-fiction books, but they're all parenting books, so I'm not counting two of them. Instead, I'll count Founding Mothers (which I'm reading now) and a book about the solar system that is coming up next.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Debi ~ Hooray for you! Three books is great and you have until the end of September to read only 2 more. Way to go, Debi.

    Nicola ~ I've got about 5 that have only one more book to go. I've had some good reading!

    Carrie K ~ Thank you. I want to read another Bryson and Emotional Blackmail is very informative and helpful in all relationships.

    Nyssaneala ~ It's wonderful to see you reading all kinds of parenting books. You will be well-informed and use "purposeful parenting" in raising your daughter. :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. YIKES! My apologies Dar. Somehow I missed your comment.

    Dar ~ Like I said somewhere - I've sacrificed some "wanna-read-now" books to finish up some challenges. It's all a matter of priority. I'm not sure I have mine right. :) (Seriously, I'm having fun reading my chosen books and completing the challenges.) Once again - sorry, for missing your comment.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Congrats of finishing the challenge. Wow, 17 completed! Your really going to town on them! You go girl!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Teddy Rose ~ Thankfully, many challenges overlap or I wouldn't have been able to participate.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment. :)

I hope you have a great day and ...
Happy Reading!