Monday, August 25, 2008

TWELVE SHARP

Author:  Janet Evanovich
Genre:  Chick Lit
Published:  2006
Personal Rating:  3/5
Yearly Count:  112



Bounty hunter, Stephanie Plum, continues to pick up the files of fugitives that require apprehension, but the office is still overflowing with cases, so more help is needed.  Stephanie's love-life remains unsettled, especially when Ranger disappears and is accused of kidnapping his daughter.     

The typical Stephanie Plum scenarios take place in this book, but more information regarding Ranger is divulged.  That was okay, but I'm tired of the funeral home talk, so any reference to it made me somewhat annoyed.  It just doesn't hold the same peculiarity or humor as it once did.  I only have two more to catch up, then only reading one a year will add the gap between books that I need for this series.

8 comments:

  1. I do like this series. I think I've enjoyed them all. I'm not sure I think they're as good as they were in the beginning but I'll still hang on with the series. Now I feel I have to know what Stephanie will be up to next. It would be nice if she'd introduce something new into these next ones she's writing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dar ~ I think I'm having a case of overdose. I know I will enjoy this series more when I only read one per year.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You're right Joy, if you're reading them in a row it would probably get to be too much.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love this series and I enjoyed each one when I was reading it but now they are like one big blur. I'd miss the series and the characters but I think Evanovich might want to end it. Or at least give us what the earlier books had!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ladytink ~ "One big blur" is a pretty good description of all the books put together. They are so similar, but a fun, light read every now and then.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I thought 12 and 13 were pretty average for some of the same reasons that you have mentioned.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Marg ~ Bummer. Thirteen, too!?!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Yes, unforunately 13 as well IMO. I thought 14 was a bit better.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment. :)

I hope you have a great day and ...
Happy Reading!