Tuesday, September 02, 2008

24th Challenge Completed!

It's done!  The TBR Challenge is now completed.  This was the perfect challenge to actually get to some of those books that I have put on the back shelf for way too long.  I read 8 books from my main list and 4 books from my alternate list.  Most, if not all, were chosen to be read at times when they would coincide with other challenges.  That worked out very well.   However, as usual, there were some books that were better than others, but in the long run, I am happy to have read them all.   

Thank you MizB from MizB's Book Reviews for hosting this challenge.


TBR Challenge Reads:

1.  A Child Called "It" (Pelzer)
2.  The Bluest Eye (Morrison)
3.  The Monkey's Raincoat (Crais)
4.  Anne of Green Gables (Montgomery)
5.  The Unexpected Mrs. Pollifax (Gilman)
6.  New Moon (Meyer)
7.  If I Am Missing or Dead (Latus)
8.  The Nazi Officer's Wife (Beer)
9.  Naked in Death (Robb)*
10.  Atonement (McEwan)*
11.  Booked to Die (Dunning)*
12.  Gallows View (Robinson)*

*Alternates


Here is my original list of books with links to my thoughts.


 Favorites:
A Child Called "It" (Pelzer)
The Nazi Officer's Wife (Beer)

Least Favorites:
The Bluest Eye (Morrison)
Atonement (McEwan)

6 comments:

  1. Congrats! I've read five of those and thought all but the two you liked the least were really good (I also have one on your list in my TBR pile lol).

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congrats Joy! I've read a few of those. I still remember quite vividly A Child Called It. I had read all of them-I think there was three. You're just on a roll with these challenges of yours-I wish I could be that disciplined but I get sidetracked so easily by other books.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congratulations on putting yet another challenge behind you! 24 challenges...sheesh, and I've barely read 24 books. (Slight exaggeration, but I do mean slight.)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congratulations on completely another challenge!

    The Unexpected Mrs Pollifax and The Monkey's Raincoat are two of my favorite books.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Completing. Finishing. Not completely. Gah.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ladytink ~ I'm not surprised regarding my least favorites - most people like them both very much. I guess you're part of the "most people". :)

    Dar ~ I'm on the third book, but there are 4 now. The 4th one is titled The Privilege of Youth. It supposedly covers the gap between being a boy and becoming a man. I think I'll still read them in the order in which they were written, though.

    Debi ~ You have 4 months to read, read, read. :) If only, right?

    Carrie K ~ I just began listening to The Amazing Mrs. Pollifax today. Have you read the whole series? BTW - I didn't notice the mistake - my eyes glossed right over it! :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment. :)

I hope you have a great day and ...
Happy Reading!