Sunday, February 15, 2009

THE WEDNESDAY SISTERS

Author:  Meg Waite Clayton
Genre:  Fiction, Standalone
Published:  2008
Personal Rating:  3.25/5
Yearly Count:  23



A group of 5 women gather at a local park in the late 60's.  Their friendship begins with their love of books, then progresses to writing.  Throughout the years they learn and grow from each other.

If you love women's fiction regarding friendship and the sharing of life's ups and downs, this book is for you.  The story line is true to life, even with the following of 5 different women/families.  My rating is indicative of my lack of caring for the genre, in general, not the writing.  There have been books in this genre that I have truly loved, but this one did not hit the spot.  What I really liked, though, was the time period and watching all the changes take place as they moved into the 70's.  According to all the reviews I have scanned, it is well-loved.  I believe reading this with a group of women would have been beneficial; unfortunately, I did not.  


10 comments:

  1. I enjoy a good women's fiction once in awhile and this one has caught my attention. I have heard good things about it so hopefully I'll be able to get to it sometime soon.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You and I have similar thoughts about this book. Our ratings are almost identical. If you missed my review, you can find it here.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I wonder if I would like it since I was in high school and college in the 60s and early 70s.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love women's fiction so I think that I will love this book. It's been on my wishlist but I haven't gotten a copy yet. Thanks for an honest review.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Samantha.1020 ~ It truly is a good one for those that like this genre. You should like it. :)

    Les ~ After I read your comment, I went to your blog and commented there.

    Booklogged ~ IMHO that was the best part of the book! It's weaved throughout, so I'm thinking you might really enjoy it.

    Bonnie ~ You should love it, then! Seriously, it's a good book. It somewhat reminded me of The Reading Group (Noble). We read that in BLBC. Did you read that with us? I rated that one a 3.5/5.

    ReplyDelete
  6. i've enjoyed several books of this type in the past, so i think i'll give this one a try. thanks for the review!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Alisonwonderland ~ Oh, I think you'd like it if you enjoy this type. Go for it!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Anonymous8:00 AM

    I'm actually going to give this one a shot....it seems as though it may be about my generation. Thinking of you!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Danielle ~ This book might be a perfect fit. :) And, thank you for your thoughts, Danielle. I appreciate it. :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Joy, I didn't read The Reading Group with the BLBC but I did read the book. I liked it but I wouldn't give it a high rating.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment. :)

I hope you have a great day and ...
Happy Reading!