Tuesday, August 10, 2010

THE LIKENESS

Author: Tana French
Genre: Police Procedural, Series #2
Published: 2008
Personal Rating: 4.25/5 (better than very good)
Yearly Count: 70

Detective Cassie Maddox (Murder Squad in Dublin), is thrust into a unique situation when she looks into the face of a dead woman and discovers that the reflection she sees is her own! The fact that the woman died is revised to just injuries, so that Cassie can assume the woman's identity/life in order to identify her murderer.

After taking a healthy dose of suspended disbelief, I became deeply engrossed and was thoroughly transported into the world of Whitethorn House. The characters were entangled magnificently and contributed to the excellent psychological plot - which I loved. Despite the loved, ever-present suspense, I felt the book as a whole was a little on the lengthy side, and I didn't feel settled regarding a few important aspects. Other than that, great book!

9 comments:

  1. I've got to try French's work!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Bermudaonion ~ Yes, you do. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm glad you enjoyed this, in spite of the length. I got your email and will try to remember the plot-points so I can answer your questions. This age thing is terrible. My memory sucks!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Les ~ I don't think I would remember, Les. Geez, I don't know the answers, and I just read it! No worries if they don't come to you.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I have this one just sitting on my shelf crying because I haven't read it yet!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Staci ~ Well then, pick it up! :) I liked it better than the first one.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Anonymous7:23 PM

    This has been on my wish list for way too long!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I just read In the Woods and am looking forward to reading this one. So many people say it's their favorite book by this author!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Stacybuckeye ~ It's a good one!


    Joanna ~ I really enjoyed it. I've heard/read that the third book in this series, Faithful Place (came out in July), is even better than this one. Hooray!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment. :)

I hope you have a great day and ...
Happy Reading!