Wednesday, May 30, 2012

Miracle's Boys

Author:  Jacqueline Woodson
Genre:  YA Fiction, Standalone
Published:  2006
Personal Rating:  4/5 (very good)
Format:  Audiobook
Yearly Count:  50


Three half-black, half-Puerto Rican brothers, Ty'ree (21), Charlie (15) and Lafayette (12), raise themselves in New York City after the death of their parents.  The youngest is the narrator.  

This was a very short book, but I really liked it.  Woodson captured the emotions of these boys brilliantly.  It's a sad story and secrets are revealed, but in the long run it's positive and touching.

Jacqueline Woodson was the keynote speaker at an educators conference just a few years back, and I really enjoyed her as a person, not just an author.  



2 comments:

  1. I keep hearing Woodson's work is brilliant. I must get one of her books.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Bermudaonion ~ She has a gift in bringing the heart of a character to life. I believe I've read three and liked this one the best.

      Delete

Thank you for taking the time to comment. :)

I hope you have a great day and ...
Happy Reading!