Wednesday, January 23, 2013

THE FUTURE OF US

Author:  Jay Asher & Carolyn Mackler
Genre:  YA, Standalone
Published:  2012
Personal Rating:  3.5/5 (good)
Format:  Audiobook
Yearly Count:  2


In 1996, Emma receives her first computer and an American Online CD-ROM.  Once it's loaded, her and her childhood friend (male) discover themselves fifteen years in the future on Facebook.

I was not as intrigued with this book as I was with Thirteen Reasons Why, and the predictability factor was extremely high, but I still thought it was cute.  Emma and Josh were both nice, but surface-type characters - nothing too deep going on here.  Overall, it was a simple, but good audioread for me.  

6 comments:

  1. I thought this was cute too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I LOVED 13 Reasons and because of that wanted to read this one!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Staci ~ Me, too. Even though I didn't give it a stellar rating, I think it's still worth the read or listen.

      Delete
  3. This is about how I felt. Entertaining enough for me to finish it but no where near 13 Reasons Why.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Trish ~ Thirteen Reasons Why was extremely creative. I think this one had a touch of creativity, but it didn't have the same suspense.

      Btw - I finally answered your email. :)

      Delete

Thank you for taking the time to comment. :)

I hope you have a great day and ...
Happy Reading!