Monday, February 18, 2013

BURNING BRIGHT

Author:  Ron Rash
Genre:  Short Story Collection
Published:  Burning Bright, 2010
Personal Rating:  4/5 (very good)
Format:  Book
Yearly Count:  10


This collection contains 12 stories about the people with a connection to Appalachia.  Therefore, they are all somewhat gloomy, but not depressing.  Rash has a gift with words, and this collection did not disappoint.  The individual ratings of the stories averaged to 3.77, but overall I thought it was a very good read.


1.  Hard Times

2.  Back of Beyond

3.  Dead Confederates

4.  The Ascent

5.  The Woman Who Believed in Jaguars

6.  Burning Bright

7.  Return

8.  Into the Gorge

9.  Falling Star

10.  The Corpse Bird

11.  Waiting For the End of the World

12.  Lincolnites

4 comments:

  1. I really liked this book too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Bermudaonion ~ Try Chemistry and Other Stories. I liked that collection even more.

      Delete
  2. I made note of this one and think I will have to either buy it or try to get it from my library!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Staci ~ Read my response to Bermudaonion above. :)

      Delete

Thank you for taking the time to comment. :)

I hope you have a great day and ...
Happy Reading!