Saturday, April 20, 2013

THE RACKETEER

Author:  John Grisham
Genre:  Legal Thriller, Standalone
Published:  2012
Personal Rating:  4/5 (very good)
Format:  Book
Yearly Count:  30


Malcolm Bannister, former lawyer, loses everything when he is charged and convicted of murdering a federal judge.  He is bound and determined to receive a "get out of jail" card and seek revenge.

After my disappointment of Life After Life (DNF after 50 pages), I turned to one of my favorite authors to perk up my spirits . . . John Grisham.  He rarely fails to entertain me on some level, and he did not disappoint with The Racketeer.  I found the entire book to be engaging, and hard to put down.  For me, this was another winner and look forward to his next.  Woo!


10 comments:

  1. Glad this one was a winner. I haven't read Grisham in a long time...need to pick one up!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Staci ~ I don't "love" all his books, but they keep me entertained.

      Delete
  2. It's been such a long time since I've read anything by Grisham. I'm in need of an engrossing audio, so maybe this will fit the bill. Glad you enjoyed it!

    P.S. Just read Staci's comment. Funny that we both wrote pretty much the same thing!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Les ~ I have all Grisham's books and except for the beginning few, I have purchased them the day they came out. I love the ease of language, legal topics (and others) and plots. They aren't always super exciting thrillers, but they are always comfort reads for me. :) No matter which one you choose, I hope you enjoy it.

      Delete
  3. I don't remember if I'd read any Grisham or not, but I have watched at least A Few Good Man I think... I should try him sometimes as I'd prob like him.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Christa ~ I don't think A Few Good Men is Grisham. Grisham has written many books outside of the legal thriller genre that may entice you, if legal is not your thing. He is a reading staple for me!

      Delete
    2. You are right, I don't know why I thought A Few Good Men is his! I looked at films adapted from his books, and I prob have seen a few but don't remember, but their names sound familiar! I do like legal thrillers a lot, so I will give him a try!

      Delete
    3. Christa ~ I hope you enjoy his work.

      Delete
  4. Anonymous10:39 PM

    He's so hit or miss with me, but this one seems to be getting lots of love.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Stacybuckeye ~ For me, his books are not always stellar, but I enjoy them anyway. I like the ease of his writing - no deep thinking! :)

      Delete

Thank you for taking the time to comment. :)

I hope you have a great day and ...
Happy Reading!