Tuesday, April 09, 2013

THE THING AROUND YOUR NECK

Author: Chimamanda Ngozi Adichie
Genre: Short Story Collection
Published: The Thing Around Your Neck, 2009
Personal Rating: 3/5 (just okay)
Format/Narrator: Audiobook/Adjoa Andoh
Yearly Count:  26  


From Amazon:

The tension between Nigerians and Nigerian-Americans, and the question of what it means to be middle-class in each country, feeds most of these dozen stories.

My average rating for these stories is approximately a 3, but I do not have "just okay" feelings about it.  I don't remember many of the stories and simply wasn't impressed.

4 comments:

  1. I don't remember from memory--Have you read anything else by her? I *think* I might have this one on my shelf but I wasn't in any hurry before and certainly not in any hurry now!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Trish ~ Yes, I read Purple Hibiscus and thought it was just okay, too. Her writing style just doesn't suit me.

      Delete
  2. Wow...if you don't really remember much from this collection then I would agree that this was a bummer of a read!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment. :)

I hope you have a great day and ...
Happy Reading!