Saturday, November 30, 2013

THE CHAPERONE

Author:  Laura Moriarty
Genre:  Fiction, Standalone
Published:  2012
Personal Rating:  4/5 (very good)
Format/Narrator:  Audiobook/
Elizabeth McGovern
Yearly Count:  97


The Chaperone is about the life of Cora Carlisle who at one stage in her life chaperoned Louise Brooks to New York to attend a prestigious dance school.

What a pleasant surprise this book turned out to be!  The storyline was much more than Cora being a chaperone.  It had a series of plot twists that I really enjoyed.  They kept me entertained and engaged.  It almost received a 4.25/5 (very good +), but after such interesting twists, the ending felt drab.
  

4 comments:

  1. I've had this on my shelf since it came out! Great review, now I must try and get round to it sooner!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Nicola ~ Oh! I hope you really enjoy it. I'm glad I finally read it.

      Delete
  2. I loved that book too!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Bermudaonion ~ I didn't think I'd like it as much as I did.

      Delete

Thank you for taking the time to comment. :)

I hope you have a great day and ...
Happy Reading!