Saturday, February 15, 2014

HOW TO SAVE A LIFE

Author:  Sara Zarr
Genre:  YA Fiction, Standalone
Published:  2011
Personal Rating:  3/5 (just okay)
Format/Narrator:  Audiobook/
Ariadne Meyers and Cassandra Morris
Yearly Count:  15


A mother and daughter grieve over the death of their husband/father.  The mother decides to adopt a baby and the daughter struggles with relationships.

I enjoy Zarr's writing; however, I didn't find the storyline in this one to be as realistic as the other book I read by her.  That won't stop me from picking up another, though.

Thoughts of Joy

4 comments:

  1. I read one of her books and loved it so would be willing to try this one even though you didn't love it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Bermudaonion ~ I like Zarr's writing, but don't love it.

      Delete
  2. Anonymous7:32 PM

    I love the new header ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Danielle ~ Thank you! It feels good just to have a change. :)

      I sought out your blog, but didn't think it was current. Are you still blogging? Are you still teaching? Taking photos? How's Sam? :)

      Delete

Thank you for taking the time to comment. :)

I hope you have a great day and ...
Happy Reading!