Saturday, February 22, 2014

NIGHT FILM

Author:  Marisha Pressl
Genre:  Fiction, Standalone
Published:  2013
Personal Rating:  3/5 (just okay)
Format/Narrator:  Audiobook/Jake Weber
Yearly Count:  18


From Amazon (due to pure laziness):

"The daughter of a reclusive horror film director is found dead, and a disgraced journalist and two sidekicks become obsessed with uncovering the truth of her death and the true identity of her infamous father, whose terrifying films (banned from theaters and found only via underground methods) depict what is 'graphic and dark and gorgeous about life, thereby conquering the monsters of your mind.'”

This was an audioread for me.  I would have never read it due to its length.  Even listening to 19 CDs was WAY TOO LONG!  I wasn't drawn in or repelled by the witchcraft talk, but in general I didn't like it, and that was a large portion of the story in one way or another.  The mystery component, looking for clues and following them up was interesting, but it seemed to go on and on and on.  And the ending . . . well, I was left a little confused.  I think.    

Thoughts of Joy

6 comments:

  1. A lot of people have loved this book but I wonder f it's for me.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Bermudaonion ~ I think if you like long, kinda mixed up mystery - then give it a try. :) I don't think it's worth the time it requires.

      Delete
  2. Nope. Not for me. Thanks, though! ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Les ~ I don't have a good radar when it comes to choosing new-to-me authors/books. I always look at it as if I'll never know, unless I try it. :( As much as I don't think hype gets me, on occasion - it does!

      Delete
  3. I don't think I'll like this one due to some of the reviews, like yours.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Stacybuckeye ~ IMHO, it's not worth the time. It by no means was bad. I did think it was okay, but to invest so much time . . . it should be great.

      Delete

Thank you for taking the time to comment. :)

I hope you have a great day and ...
Happy Reading!