Friday, March 28, 2014

SYCAMORE ROW

Author:  John Grisham
Genre:  Legal Fiction, Jake Brigance Series #2
Published:  2013
Personal Rating:  3.75/5 (good +)
Format/Narrator:  Book & Audiobook/
Michael Beck
Yearly Count:  26


Jake defends the will of a very wealth man.

Sycamore Row wasn't a surprise.  It was a typical John Grisham novel, which for me, is a good thing.  The first half of this book, while never boring, was definitely not exciting.  However, once the second half began, my interest deepened.  I did figure out the "why" of the book, but I still enjoyed all the details till the end.  Not quite a very good book, but better than good, nonetheless.  :)

Thoughts of Joy

4 comments:

  1. It's been awhile since I read a Grisham I loved, but I've heard good things about this one.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Stacybuckeye ~ Yeah, I don't know the last Grisham I loved, but I'm still a major fan. :)

      Delete
  2. I haven't really been interested in Grisham for several years. Think I'll skip this one and keep reading Mo Hayder. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Les ~ I will purchase and read every adult Grisham book. :) I think I have only read the first one in the Hayder series. Birdman, I think. I need to try and get to another this summer. If I can find them in audio, I'll be in business. I'm just not reading very much these days. Other activities have usurped my time.

      Delete

Thank you for taking the time to comment. :)

I hope you have a great day and ...
Happy Reading!