Friday, June 10, 2016

AFTER THE CRASH

Author:  Michel Bussi
Genre:  Mystery, Standalone
Published:  2016
Personal Rating:  4/5 (very good)
Format/Narrator:  Audiobook/Daniel Philpott
Yearly Count:  35


From NetGalley:
A night flight from Istanbul bound for Paris, filled with 169 holiday travelers, plummets into the Swiss Alps. The sole survivor is a three-month-old girl--thrown from the plane onto the snowy mountainside before fire rages through the aircraft. But two infants were on board. Is the miracle baby Lyse-Rose or Emilie? Both families step forward to claim the child--one poor, one powerful, wealthy, and dangerous.

This one kept me listening; however, I ALMOST gave up on it in the beginning. I finally got past (suspension of disbelief definitely required!) the notion of not being able to identify the baby (and a few other bits) to really give it a chance. I'm glad I did, because I enjoyed it. The narrator did a fantastic job, and the way the story was told intrigued me. 

 Thoughts of Joy

My thanks go to Hachette Books and NetGalley for providing me with the ARC and eGalley.

2 comments:

  1. I'm reading After the Fall right now about survivors from a plan crash. The description of the crash made me even more nervous to fly!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Stacybuckeye ~ I can imagine! There wasn't much about the actual crash in this book. It was more about the baby found.

      Delete

Thank you for taking the time to comment. :)

I hope you have a great day and ...
Happy Reading!