Friday, July 29, 2016

TELL THE WOLVES I'M HOME

Author:  Carol Rifka Brunt
Genre:  Fiction, Standalone
Published:  2012
Personal Rating:  2/5 (not enjoyable)
Format/Narrator:  Audiobook/Amy Rubinate
Yearly Count:  44


In this coming-of-age novel (1986, New York), fourteen-year-old, June, has a close relationship with her dying Uncle Finn.  June eventually discovers love in places she didn't expect.    

Without an ounce of prior knowledge, I got something totally different from what I anticipated.  Once I got my head wrapped around the idea that this was virtually a YA book, it was too late.  I didn't buy into anything.  The things the girls (June and her sister) said and did were unbelievable, as well as, other characters.  The writing was good, but I couldn't wait for the story to be done.  I'm definitely in the minority with this one.  Blah.

Thoughts of Joy
    

4 comments:

  1. I read this with my book club last year because one member said it was the best book she'd ever read. I didn't really care for it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Bermudaonion ~ Oh! I thought you loved it. You rated it a 4.5/5 on Goodreads. Was that a mistake?!

      Delete
  2. I'm sorry you didn't enjoy this one as much as I did! I gave it a 4.5/5, so maybe you're thinking of me?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Les ~ I just double-checked, Kathy did as well!

      Delete

Thank you for taking the time to comment. :)

I hope you have a great day and ...
Happy Reading!