Wednesday, January 25, 2017

WATCHING YOU

Author:  Michael Robotham
Genre:  Psychological Thriller,
Joe O'Loughlin Series #7
Published:  2014
Personal Rating:  3.75/5 (good +)
Format/Narrator:  Audiobook/Sean Barrett
Yearly Count:  4


From NetGalley:
Marnie Logan often feels like she's being watched: a warm breath on the back of her neck, or a shadow in the corner of her eye that vanishes when she turns her head.

Now her life is frozen. Her husband Daniel is missing. She can't access his bank accounts or his life insurance. Depressed and increasingly desperate, she seeks the help of clinical psychologist Joe O'Loughlin.

O'Loughlin discovers Daniel's Big Red Book--a collage of pictures, interviews, and anecdotes. The book, which Daniel intended as a surprise birthday gift, now leads to a shocking discovery. Any person who has ever crossed Marnie has paid an exacting price. And O'Loughlin may be next in line.

Oh my!  I was thoroughly enjoying this book until it went a bit off the rails for me.  It, fortunately, didn't overtake the plot, but I was let down - big time!  I must admit that if I had read it, I probably wouldn't have been as affected by it in a roll your eyes kind of way.  The pace kept me engaged and the characters were interesting, which is vital.  I look forward to more by Robotham.  

While this is #7 in a series, you'd never know!  It most definitely can be read as a standalone.

Thoughts of Joy

My thanks go to Mulholland Books and NetGalley for providing me with the eGalley.
     

2 comments:

  1. I know I read this one, but you know, I can remember exactly nada. It's been a while since I read a Joe O'Loughlin book. I'm tempted to start at the beginning again and maybe listen to them. I do have the newest one, CLOSE YOUR EYES, here on the shelf, unread of course. LOL

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Kay ~ LOL I can't remember anything either! LOL

      Delete

Thank you for taking the time to comment. :)

I hope you have a great day and ...
Happy Reading!