Tuesday, October 10, 2006

"A" Author-Based A ~ Z Reads

PANIC
Jeff Abbott ~ BOiPod
Personal Rating: 3.75/5




Good guy or not good guy: that is the question.

Evan, a documentary filmmaker, gets a rude awakening after he gets a call from his mom to hightail it to her home in Austin, TX. Upon his arrival, the fast-paced, event-filled drama begins. As new characters are introduced, their intentions and integrity are very ambiguous at best. Evan struggles with understanding the circumstances and who he can trust. I, along with Evan, was consistently confused as to whether each character was a good guy or bad guy. Despite the confusion, I did enjoy the constant action. There never was a lull in the story, but storylines that contain government agencies usually don't interest me. This one ended up being okay.

This book was an audio version and I found L. J. Ganser to be a very, very good reader. There were a few extra long pauses here and there, and I wondered what happened, but overall...an excellent reader. Even with his wonderful voice of inflection, I think I would rate the book higher if I had read it. It probably would have been more fun turning the pages, than intently listening to the action. The rating wouldn't be raised too much higher though because I didn't like "the question" harboring in my mind.

6 comments:

  1. You are starting over again on your A~Z read? Such discipline. I'm impressed.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree with booklogged - it's wonderful that you're doing the A-Z read again. I'm such a random reader, no method whatsoever to which book I select. Also, you remind me that I need to buy myself an iPod...maybe I'll spend longer on my housework then. Right now I just rush through it so that I can sit down with my book!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Booklogged and Lotus ~ This time around is Author-Based, my other A ~ Z Reads was Title-Based.

    Lotus ~ I walk in the mornings, so it's a great time to listen. I don't like to use ear plugs when I'm home alone, so I purchased mini-speakers. I use them when I'm getting ready in the morning and when I'm doing household chores. I highly recommend the iPod and speakers. They're the best! :) Oh yes, it's also VERY easy to download and upload CDs from the libary onto the iPod.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have a hard time listening to suspense or tension filled books. I prefer to read those. This sounds like one that might be good!

    ReplyDelete
  5. We're supposed to be doing housework? ;)

    ReplyDelete
  6. How did I miss responding to this?

    Les ~ LOL!!! I think worse yet...I know I'm supposed to, but does it get done?

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment. :)

I hope you have a great day and ...
Happy Reading!