Friday, August 03, 2007

TWISTED
Jeffery Deaver ~ BOiPod
Personal Rating: 4.25/5
Yearly Count: 66



Twisted is a collection of 16 short stories covering a variety of topics in our everyday lives, yet with the twist of psychotic minds. With the exception of one, I enjoyed them all, but in varying degrees. After listening to several of them, I began to catch on to the method of twist and began to guess at some of the outcomes. Sometimes I was right and other times I was fooled with another twist, but it was fun either way. I really enjoyed this diversion from novels and will definitely listen to Deaver's second collection of short stories titled More Twisted.

The following are the short story titles in Twisted:

1. Without Jonathan

2. The Weekender

3. For Services Rendered

4. Beautiful

5. The Fall Guy

6. Eye to Eye

7. Triangle

8. All the World's a Stage

9. Gone Fishing

10. Nocturne

11. Lesser

12. The Blank Card

13. The Christmas Present

14. Together

15. The Widow of Pine Creek

16. The Kneeling Soldier

4 comments:

  1. Thanks for the recommend, Joy. I didn't see this post because we were still on vacation. I'm keeping this in mind for my short story collection for the library's summer reading program.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Booklogged ~ This would be perfect for that program! I really enjoyed these stories and look forward to MORE TWISTED.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anonymous8:40 AM

    I just ordered this book from Paperback Swap based on your review...I can't wait to add it to my ever growing TBR pile ;)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Danielle ~ I hope you enjoy it. I did! :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment. :)

I hope you have a great day and ...
Happy Reading!