Sunday, December 09, 2007

THE CHRISTMAS SHOES
Donna VanLiere ~ BOiPod
Personal Rating: 4/5
Yearly Count: 120




This is the story of two families that are going through their own unique trials and tribulations of life when one member of each family is standing at the same store's checkout line on Christmas Eve. The generous action that takes place is one that ripples through generations to come.

I'm quite torn on my rating because even with the ending, I found this to be a very, very sad book. I feel that the sorrow overpowers the joy due to the amount of time given to each. It was very difficult to switch gears so quickly, so I'm left with the sadness. Proof of good writing? I suppose so, but I much prefer uplifting Christmas-themed books. I do, however, believe in the final message that even the smallest of things can change a person's life. I share that belief in this blog's header regarding words.

This book happens to be the first in a series; there are three more that follow. I think I'll wait until next year to continue.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to comment. :)

I hope you have a great day and ...
Happy Reading!