Monday, June 02, 2008

THYME OF DEATH

Author: Susan Wittig Albert
Genre: Cozy Mystery
Published: 1992
Personal Rating: 3.75/5
Yearly Count: 75




As an attorney in a prestigious Houston, TX firm, China Bayles realizes she desires the laid back lifestyle of a small town and finds it in Pecan Springs, TX. Revitalizing a past passion, she opens an herb shop and enjoys the eclectic community, until the death of a good friend. China, with some prodding from her next door business owner, Ruby, do some amateur sleuthing to get answers.

Thyme of Death is the first in the China Bayles series. I had a good feel for the setting and enjoyed China. Even though she left the high-powered attorney lifestyle, she continued to retain her law-like mind, which I liked. I also liked learning little tidbits about the herbs. However, there were parts of the plot that I wasn't interested in that caused a minor division, but for the most part it was an enjoyable read. I will pick up the second in the series titled Witches' Bane with the hope that my acquaintance with China deepens.

*Recommended By: Vixen's Daily Reads

5 comments:

  1. Anonymous8:42 AM

    A 3.75 is not bad. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad you liked it!!!
    -V-

    ReplyDelete
  3. Danielle ~ Nope, it's not! It's between good and very good. :)

    Vickie ~ It took me a while to get to it, but I finally did! Thank you so much for sending it to me!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I enjoyed this book too. I have also read Lavender Lies which is later in the series. Albert has another series in which Beatrix Potter is the sleuth. There are only four books in this series so far. I love these books.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Janet ~ I hope to read the second in the series this year. :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment. :)

I hope you have a great day and ...
Happy Reading!