Friday, June 27, 2008

ZATHURA

Author: Chris Van Allsburg
Genre: Children
Published: 2002
Personal Rating: 3.75/5



The Budwing brothers stumble upon a board game outside. They take it home and begin to play. The space-themed game is nothing like they ever played before!

This book happens to be the sequel to Jumanji and was, also, made into a movie. I don't know the success of it, but a movie it is, none-the-less. The board game based book was fun and the events that occur are interesting. I enjoyed the pictures and the creativity.

5 comments:

  1. This sounds like it could be a great sequel. My kids loved the movie Jumanji. I will add it to my wish list of children's books that I want to read.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I LOVE THESE TWO MOVIES! Did not know they were books. Cool, now need to go look them up.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Kara ~ I liked it, but thought it was too short. It is a children's book so that's to be expected. It's a fun adventure, especially for boys.

    Vickie ~ This one is a large picture book with black and white detailed pictures. I'd like to know how it compares to the movie.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I've heard people say they really hated this movie. I can't judge myself, because I've only seen bits and pieces of it. But this is one of the few movies that all three of my munchkins absolutely love! I really ought to go find them the book.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Debi ~ I read someone's review of this and they said that the book was better. However, it was much, much shorter. :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment. :)

I hope you have a great day and ...
Happy Reading!