Sunday, August 24, 2008

PROJECTION

Author:  Keith Ablow
Genre:  Medical Mystery
Published:  1999
Personal Rating:  2/5
Yearly Count:  111



When surgeon, Trevor Lucas, is accused of two murders and pleads insanity, he is taken to a psychiatric hospital.  Upon arrival, he takes personnel and patients as hostages, then asks for Frank Clevenger, a forensic psychiatrist, to help him.

I read Denial, the first in the series, in 2004 and rated it a 3.75/5.  I have no notes of my reading, so I have no idea why, but I do know that I will not be continuing this series.  I did not care for Clevenger in the least.  He was mega-flawed (yeah, we all are), but there was nothing to identify with or any redeeming quality to save this character.  The plot became more and more  ridiculous as the pages were turned and Clevenger's psychiatric knowledge and/or beliefs seemed to be extremely out of whack.  Sad to say, this was not worth my time.

2 comments:

  1. I hate when that happens Joy. I just had a book that I finished that I didn't particularly care for. I sure hope you get a good one next.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dar ~ I guess the good news is that I can eliminate some books from my TBR list.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment. :)

I hope you have a great day and ...
Happy Reading!