Tuesday, January 27, 2009

COLD HARBOR

Author: Ron Rash
Genre: Short Story, Collection
Published: Chemistry and Other Stories, 2007
Personal Rating: 3.75/5
(ss) Yearly Count: 2



 Following the Korean War, a nurse is riddled with dreams of dying soldiers.  She seeks out some peace from a soldier she saved.

A bleak feeling runs throughout this piece - making it a heavy, gloomy story, but one that is told very well.

As it seems to be the case, I become very engrossed in Rash's writing, feeling and believing every story.  They transport me, brief as they may be, to another place/another time.
  

2 comments:

  1. Nothing better than being transported to another place and time-that's my favorite thing about books.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dar ~ I'm not always transported in my reading. I may really enjoy the story, but not immersed. That's what makes this author special to me.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment. :)

I hope you have a great day and ...
Happy Reading!