Thursday, January 29, 2009

THE PROJECTIONIST'S WIFE

Author: Ron Rash
Genre: Short Story, Collection
Published: Chemistry and Other Stories, 2007
Personal Rating: 4/5
(ss) Yearly Count: 5



"You ain't a man till you get blooded, boy."  Being told that, Russell is prepared.  At the age of 12, Russell becomes a man in more ways than one.

This story swept me up into this youngster's world.  He had a lot of grief in his life, but a lot of good, too.  Listening to Russell reminisce of his younger days was thought-provoking.

3 comments:

  1. I am awarding you with a "My blog is Fabulous Award"

    http://tinyurl.com/cf97px

    Enjoy :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Short stories have really been growing on me lately. I love reading your comments on them. In fact, I may eventually check the library for this collection.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sally906 ~ Thank you, Sally! I blogged about it yesterday. :)

    Debi ~ If you like Southern stories, you should like this collection. I can't wait to read his newest book Serena! It's sitting on my TBR shelf - just waiting along with the one mentioned in my post about One Foot in Eden, which was my first introduction to Rash. You can read about it here.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment. :)

I hope you have a great day and ...
Happy Reading!