Saturday, March 07, 2009

SWEETHEART

Author: Chelsea Cain
Genre: Thriller, Series #2
Published: 2008
Personal Rating: 2.25/5
Yearly Count: 30



In a continuation of Cain's fantastic debut, HeartSick, Archie Sheridan is still plagued with his connection to Gretchen Lowell and seeks to stop her in her tracks when she escapes from prison.

There are too many things I didn't like about this follow-up book, so I'm going to boil it down to one major mistake that affected me the most - casting the main character as a loser.
HeartSick = Thumbs Up, Sweetheart = Thumbs Down.

2 comments:

  1. I felt exactly the same way -- but you'd better believe I'll read the next one, if there is one.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Eleanor ~ LOL Being that this is still fresh in my mind, I have no interest in continuing on. IF there is another one, and IF you like it, THEN maybe I'll give it a try. I'll leave it at that. :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment. :)

I hope you have a great day and ...
Happy Reading!