Wednesday, April 15, 2009

1ST TO DIE

Author: James Patterson
Genre: Mystery, Series #1
Published: 2001
Personal Rating: 4/5
Yearly Count: 46



From the audiobook box cover:

In San Francisco newlyweds are being stalked -- and slaughtered. Enter four unforgettable women, all friends . . . Lindsay, a homicide inspector in the city's police department . . . Claire, a medical examiner . . . Jill, an assistant D.A. . . . and Cindy, a reporter who has just started working the crime desk of the San Francisco Chronicle. Joining forces, pooling their talents, courage, and brains, they have one goal. To find, trap, and outwit the most diabolical and terrifying killer ever imagined.

I finally have met the Women's Murder Club members! They are intelligent woman, and they all add their own unique ability and experiences to the group. The plot was good and had its share of twists and turns that kept me wondering. It also kept moving in the traditional Patterson style. I look forward to the next book in the series, 2nd Chance.


Thank you, Anna, from Hachette Audio. This is #1 of a boxed collection of 3.

13 comments:

  1. I enjoy Patterson's books from time to time.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad you liked this, Joy! I enjoy this series myself. Though the first few were the best in my opinion. But even having said that, I haven't stopped reading them. And doubt that I will. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I was just looking over my list of series and saw this one. I am looking forward to reading these, so I'm glad to see that you liked the first.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I've read most of the Alex Cross series but couldn't seem to get interested in these. I may have to give them another look.

    ReplyDelete
  5. You have a great blog here, Beth. Thanks for stopping by mine. It's nice to see what you do and how you review! I like.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I've been meaning to read these, ever since I saw the (short-lived) television show based on the books and liked it. I may have to move this up on my list!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love this series! I'm not all caught up yet, I've read up to number 6.

    I'm here to tell you it's Blog Reader Appreciation Day and in my blog post today I've linked to you as one of my first commentors:

    ReplyDelete
  8. I've never started this series although I did watch it for a while when it was on tv. Do you think it would be good on audio? Maybe I'll try it out there.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I really liked this book when I read it years ago. It was a nice change up from the Alex Cross series.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Bermudaonion ~ He definitely has his own style, doesn't he?

    Debi ~ I'm a slow starter. :) I have #2 and #3 on my iPod, so I'm pretty sure I'll get to those.

    Booklogged ~ What number are you on?

    Framed ~ I've read a splattering of his novels and I think some of the Alex Cross series, but I'd have to read them to remember. :) If I did read any Alex Cross, they were a long time ago. What book had a MacDonald's scene in it? I read that one. :)

    SandyCarlson ~ Sorry, Sandy, but I'm Joy here. :) Glad you stopped by for a visit.

    Cassie ~ It was a fast and interesting mystery.

    Callista ~ Well, that's good to know! I hope I continue to like them.

    OH! I'll have to stop by for a visit. :)

    Dar ~ I missed the series on TV. I listened to this, Dar, and thought it was very good. Keep coming back - I think I'll be posting a give-away soon!

    Vickie ~ In general, what's Alex Cross like? In other words, what's the main difference between the two series (other than the obvious male/female)?

    ReplyDelete
  11. Joy: I'm not sure there's much difference other than the male/female deal. Alex works with one person, but he seems to almost really work solo. The Murder Club is a team.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Anonymous4:52 PM

    I loved this when it was actually a series on tv last year....I have enjoyed all the books but have yet to read the last one.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Vickie ~ Thanks. I'll eventually give the Alex series a try, too.

    Danielle ~ I apparently watched something else. :) It's good to know you've enjoyed all the books, thus far.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment. :)

I hope you have a great day and ...
Happy Reading!