Saturday, April 18, 2009

DAIRY QUEEN

Author: Catherine Gilbert Murdock
Genre: YA Fiction, #1 of 2
Published: 2006
Personal Rating: 3.25/5
Yearly Count: 48



A Wisconsin dairy farm is where 15-year-old D. J. Schwenk lives and works - continuously, due to her father's medical problem. A star football player from a nearby town is sent to work on the farm in order to help the Schwenks and himself. D. J. discovers she's not too happy with her current circumstances, so she decides to have some fun by making choices that could not only affect her, but everybody around her.

D. J. tells us her story, which gives us insight into her true emotions and heart. Despite some language, she is a wholesome girl and one that I liked. Some of the story line was unrealistic for high school, but it was a pleasant book. There is a sequel, The Off Season, which I will probably listen to as well.

2 comments:

  1. I really liked this one, and I liked The Off Season even better.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Alisonwonderland ~ It was pretty good. I'm glad to read that you liked the sequel even better. I hope I do, too. :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment. :)

I hope you have a great day and ...
Happy Reading!