Saturday, May 02, 2009

GLORY IN DEATH

Author: J. D. Robb
Genre: Romance Mystery, Series #2
Published: 1995
Personal Rating: 3.5/5
Yearly Count: 55



The second edition of the In Death series has Lt. Eve Dallas hunting down a serial killer of strong, high-profiled women. Also, they all have a connection with Rourke, Eve's boyfriend.

I think this is the end of the line for the In Death series for me. My plan was to give the second book a chance, and I have accomplished that. The mystery and the characters are very good; I really enjoyed those components. I even like the futuristic elements in the story - they add a touch of uniqueness that is appealing. However, the repeated romance scenes are not. I love the tension and banter between Eve and Rourke, but the rest is stuff I just don't care to read. Onward I go!

7 comments:

  1. Anonymous5:20 PM

    I thought I would read the whole series also but I quit at about the third one.

    I would enter the Women's Murder Club giveaways but I've already read and enjoyed them all!!!

    Did I tell you I am hooked on the Big Stone Gap series thanks to one of your commenters? :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Danielle! ~ I'm so glad you stopped by. You have been on my mind a lot lately (read - praying for you) and I just haven't gotten to your blog to comment. I have 9 of your posts saved in Google Reader. I've read them all and I will be back! :)

    What was it about the In Death series you didn't like? Seriously, the only thing I didn't like was the romance scenes. (I don't want to say "that word" because I don't want to be linked to it through Google.) Maybe one scene would work, but it's just not my type of reading material. Too many others out there I'd rather read.

    I read on your blog that you were enjoying the Big Stone Gap series. I'm so glad! I have them all, but haven't gotten to the last two yet. I will - someday.

    Again, thanks for taking the time to comment. It was nice to see you. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Aww, too bad you the 2nd one didn't work out for you. I love the first but still have to find time to get to the 2nd. I know what you mean about "romantic scenes" {wink, wink] I don't mind them, to a point. I've heard these get pretty heavy in that department so we'll just have to see where I fit in with them comfort zone wise. Hope I can make it to #2 one of these days!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I haven't read anything since the first back in October 2007. Guess I'm not all that interested. And now, having read your review, I doubt I'll continue. It's far too long of a series and I'm sure I'd get burned out long before I finish all of her books! Thanks for saving me, Joy. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Nicola ~ I still thought it was good, but not enough to continue. I hope you enjoy the second one more than I did.

    Les ~ The series is long and in my opinion, not worth trying to get caught up.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I've read the first two or three and am still interested. I wonder tho if my interest will last through the entire series.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beth F ~ I'm glad you are still interested. I hope you enjoy them ALL! :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment. :)

I hope you have a great day and ...
Happy Reading!