Friday, October 02, 2009

SWEEPING UP GLASS

Author: Carolyn Wall
Genre: Fiction, Standalone
Published: 2009
Personal Rating: 3.25/5 (better than just okay)
Yearly Count: 115



Olivia, as caretaker of her mother and grandson, lives in rural Kentucky during the depression era. The story is told using flashback scenes to develop the background of the family. As they make the best of their life, Olivia discovers that somebody is killing the wolves in the area. Soon, she also discovers a deep, darker mystery within her community.

I wasn't pulled into the story like I had hoped I would be. The plot and characters didn't seem truly authentic; therefore, I wasn't captivated, but I wasn't bored either. There were occasions when I found myself more attentive and curious, but overall it was just an okay book for me.

6 comments:

  1. Sounds rather ho hum.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I was wondering about this book, but with so many unread books it'll have to stay on my list a bit longer.

    I always appreciate honest reviews; thanks Joy

    ReplyDelete
  3. Bermudaonion ~ It was for me, but I think others like it a bit more than I did. Amazon: 45 reviews with a rating of 4/5. Maybe I just wasn't in the mood for it.

    Diane ~ Since I ended up not being overly thrilled with it, I didn't give a great description of it either - there's more to it than I said. It wasn't bad by any means; it just didn't wow me.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Anonymous10:35 PM

    Well, we have to read the average ones sometime or they wouldn't be average ;)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Probably will skip this - I was curious, though, because I'd seen the title a lot lately.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Stacybuckeye ~ I liked your comment.

    Mary ~ Read other reviews. You may change your mind. :) :) :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment. :)

I hope you have a great day and ...
Happy Reading!