Thursday, February 18, 2010

NEVER LOOK AWAY

Author: Linwood Barclay
Genre: Thriller, Standalone
Published: 2010
Personal Rating: 4.25/5 (better than very good)
Yearly Count: 13




From Linwood Barclay's Website:

A warm summer Saturday. An amusement park. David Harwood is glad to be spending some quality time with his wife, Jan, and their four-year-old son. But what begins as a pleasant family outing turns into a nightmare after an inexplicable disappearance. As David struggles to restore his family, he discovers that the people we’re most close to are the ones with the biggest secrets.


Just like a roller-coaster, this was one speedy, twisty-turny, terrific ride! There were times when I thought I knew what was coming (reasonable assumptions), until I was shifted in my seat by a sharp turn and ended up going in a different direction. And like some roller-coaster enthusiasts, I didn't want to get off.

This book makes three that I have read, and I have one more on my TBR Shelf, but he has written 9! AND, one of them is a memoir! I love memoirs. He truly has become a steadfast author for me. I can count on a good read every time. Must get more!!!

BTW - In my opinion, the Barclay thrillers that I read, did not contain grisly, gory scenes. There was some violence and a little blood, but nothing that should cause any major nightmares.






My thanks go to LibraryThing Early Reviews program and Random House, Inc. for sending me this ARC. It is scheduled to be released on March 9, 2010.

11 comments:

  1. I've never tried Barclay's work - I'll have to keep him in mind the next time I'm in the mood for a thriller.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I haven't read this author either. But this books sounds intriguing. Thanks for the recommendation.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good to hear! I'm 2/2 with Barclay as well. Great author. Steadfast is a good description.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I've never read anything by Barclay. Are his books along the same lines as Harlan Coben's? I'll have to give one a try.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Bermudaonion ~ He'd be a good choice. :)

    Framed ~ I hope you give him a try.

    Raidergirl3 ~ I'm very curious about his earlier works. I wonder if my library has any. Ahhh! I've been trying to stay away from the library because I have shelves and shelves full of books to read. However, I might make an exception for him. :)

    Les ~ Yes! Coben's standalones are a very good comparison.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I like this author, and this one sounds good. Thanks for the great review (adding to the never ending list).

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love him! I can't wait for my library to get this one in... I may be a bit jealous of you that you've already read this! Great review.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I need to get on this roller coaster!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Diane ~ He has become a favorite of mine.

    Kristie ~ Just make sure you are first on the list and you'll be good. :)

    Staci ~ Cute. It really doesn't slow down very much, so you gotta jump - and jump fast!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Anonymous12:35 AM

    I've only read one Barclay book and really liked it. Now I'm wondering why I haven't read more!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Stacybuckeye ~ I was wondering why I never heard of him until last year. Hurry and catch up! :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment. :)

I hope you have a great day and ...
Happy Reading!