Friday, April 16, 2010

IN THE COMPANY OF CHEERFUL LADIES

Author: Alexander McCall Smith
Genre: Cozy Mystery, Series #6
Published: 2005
Personal Rating: 2.75/5 (better than eh)
Yearly Count: 32



Mma Ramotswe discovers an intruder in her home, Mma Makutsi is in search of a husband, and an apprentice of Speedy Motors makes an interesting choice. There are a few other characters that appear while life meanders along in Botswana.

I have found most of this series to be very bland, but still like to listen to one on occasion. They make good break-books. Unfortunately, this one was a bit slower and a tad bit more boring in comparison to the rest. I did enjoy a few scenes and am still glad I heard it, but it was nothing special. I'll still continue with the audiobooks when my listening ear needs some calm. However, I hope there is a little more depth in the next one.

2 comments:

  1. I really enjoyed this series when I first started it but got tired of it after a while, so I know how you feel.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Bermudaonion ~ I appreciate the empathy. :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment. :)

I hope you have a great day and ...
Happy Reading!