Tuesday, June 29, 2010

THE BLACK ECHO

Author: Michael Connelly
Genre: Police Procedural, Series #1
Published: 1992
Personal Rating: 3.5/5 (Good)
Yearly Count: 53


Harry Bosch is called to a crime scene where a body has been discovered in a drainpipe. The scenario turns into a personal one when Bosch recognizes the corpse as a fellow soldier in the Vietnam War. The story evolves into burglary and deception.

I have enjoyed all the books I have read by Michael Connelly (dabbled in three of his series and a standalone), yet have rated the more recently published books with higher scores. Hmmm. Hopefully that isn't indicative of what's to come of my experience with the rest of this series, because I have a numerous collection of it! I don't think so, though. I think this time was a matter of simply not caring for the story line so much. I found that my mind had a tendency to wander (audiobook), and that's no longer a common occurrence (thank goodness!); however, it did happened with this book. Maybe I just like Mickey Haller better? We'll see. I'm still looking forward to #2, The Black Ice, with Harry Bosch.

2 comments:

  1. I've only read one of Connelly's books and I really liked it. My hubby's currently engrossed in The Lincoln Lawyer.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Bermudaonion ~ Oh yes! I really liked that one!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment. :)

I hope you have a great day and ...
Happy Reading!