Wednesday, August 25, 2010

Cobalt (6 of 7)

Author: Marcus Sakey
Genre: Fiction, Standalone
Published: Scar Tissue: Seven Stories About Love and Wounds, 2010
Personal Rating: 2.5/5 (eh)
(ss) Yearly Count: 19


Before every individual short story, Marcus shares a bit of his personal life that led up to or encouraged each one. Here's a portion of what he said before Cobalt:

"From 1997 to 2001, I ran a web and graphic design shop. . . . There was so much I saw in those years that amused me, so much that was completely impractical and yet landing millions in funding, so many excesses and so much silliness. The whole thing struck me as a warped theme park design by brilliant morons."

I think Marcus succeeded in what he was trying to accomplished in Cobalt, but it didn't work for me. I felt like it was an inside joke or a satirical memory. Maybe the blurb put that thought in my head before I began, so it was doomed from the start - I don't know. But still, an "eh" rating isn't horrible.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to comment. :)

I hope you have a great day and ...
Happy Reading!