Monday, December 13, 2010

RED CHRISTMAS (7 of 9)

Author: Steve Hockensmith
Published: Naughty: Nine Tales of Christmas Crime, 2010
Genre: Short Story Collection
Personal Rating: 3.5/5 (good)
(ss) Yearly Count:  42


An elf at Santa's Workshop has been murdered!

The names of the Elves were cute and clever, but the story didn't appeal to me all that much - others would probably love it.  I still, however, really like Steve's writing style. I'm hoping for intriguing plots in the remaining stories of this collection.

2 comments:

  1. That's too bad because the thought of an elf being murdered has so much great potential!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Staci ~ I know others would like this one much more than I did. I think my dislike has to do with the use of imaginary characters. I prefer more realism. So one might ask why did I read a book about Santa Claus?!? ^o^ (shrugged shoulders) LOL

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment. :)

I hope you have a great day and ...
Happy Reading!