Tuesday, June 21, 2011

BLUE HEAVEN

Author: C.J. Box
Genre: Suspense, Standalone
Published: 2008
Personal Rating: 4/5 (very good)
Format: Audiobook
Yearly Count: 50


Right before their eyes, Annie, 12, and her brother William, 10, stumble upon somebody being murdered. After being seen by the murderers, they quickly run for safety, but don't know who to trust.  When they are reported missing, retired cops join in the hunt and another retired cop, who was there to tie up loose ends of an old case, converge.

Finally.  I've been wanting to read a book by C.J. Box for a long, long time.  I chose a standalone, but it's my understanding that his Joe Pickett series is very good.  I'm very content with my choice as I really enjoyed it and look forward to reading more written by him.

In the beginning of this book, there were a lot of characters within different settings, and I had to be attentive as to how they all fit together. I liked some of them and didn't like others - just like I was supposed to. They were all well-defined and helped to create a deeper story line. Both suspense and characterization were executed very well.   I'm really happy that I finally read this author.



8 comments:

  1. I want to read one of his books too. I'm glad to see you enjoyed this one so much.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Bermudaonion ~ I thought I was going to like his work. So glad I do and hope you do, too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have not read this author in a while, but have enjoyed him in the past. This one sounds like a good one for my next audio (if the library has it).

    ReplyDelete
  4. Diane ~ That's where I got mine! I hope your library carries it. For some reason, I have the hc and pb, too. :) I'm keeping the hc, but the pb is going in the donation pile.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I've never read this author but I'm glad that your first encounter did not let you down!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I've been wanting to try the Joe Pickett series but this one looks like a good first read too.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I've been wanting to read something by this author as well. I'm hoping that I'll get the chance to soon since you enjoyed this book so much. Great review!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Staci ~ Only encouragement to pick up another was had. :)

    Stacybuckeye ~ I'm even more excited to meet Joe now!

    Samantha.1020 ~ I like his writing style. I believe he has 2 additional standalones.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment. :)

I hope you have a great day and ...
Happy Reading!