Friday, August 26, 2011

LIVING DEAD GIRL

Author: Elizabeth Scott
Genre: YA Fiction, Standalone
Published:  2008
Personal Rating: 4.25/5 (very good +)
Format: Audiobook
Yearly Count: 71


A 15-year-old girl describes her life living with her abductor in the present and the past with flashbacks.

What a terrifying story!  Right from the start I was engaged and a bit anxious throughout. I think Scott did an excellent job of relaying the level of fear and angst. I truly felt it.  Unfortunately it has bits of truth from real life embedded in it.  

This was published as a YA book, and I think it's too scary and advanced for the young. Also, it's a short book, but has a long-lasting effect. Chilling.

2 comments:

  1. This sounds true to life! It sounds like it was well written.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Bermudaonion ~ Unfortunately, it is. Jaycee Duggard is just one example. I'm going to look into more by Elizabeth Scott for sure.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment. :)

I hope you have a great day and ...
Happy Reading!