Monday, August 29, 2011

THE LOCK ARTIST

Author: Steve Hamilton
Genre: Fiction, Standalone
Published: 2010
Personal Rating: 4.25/5 (very good +)
Format: Audiobook
Yearly Count: 72


Michael, a 17-year-old, gets wrapped up in a high school prank and ends up taking the fall which included consequences. The consequences evolved into much more trouble than he ever imagined. The added kicker - as a result of a traumatic experience as a young boy, Michael is mute.

Michael was a great character. He was a scarred teen, but had a good heart.  I had sympathy for him and wanted to help.  However, I became a tad bit annoyed with the amount of lock talk, but overall the plot was interesting. And, I wasn't 100% pleased with the way in which the story was told either - alternating between several years.  I did love, love, love the setting, though!  Michael was all over the country, but Michigan (Milford, Detroit, Ann Arbor) was prevalent. It was so exciting to read specifics about places I know.  I gave the extra ".25" simply for Michael and Michigan.

2 comments:

  1. I'm curious about how much someone can talk about locks. This sounds good.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Bermudaonion ~ The lock talk became redundant, but it's still a very good read/listen.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment. :)

I hope you have a great day and ...
Happy Reading!