Tuesday, September 06, 2011

YOU KNOW WHEN ALL THE MEN ARE GONE (1 of 8)

Author:  Siobhan Fallon
Genre:  Short Story Collection
Published:  2011
Personal Rating:  3.5/5 (good)
Format:  Book
(ss) Yearly Count:  37


Fort Hood Army Base in Texas is where many Army families find themselves making their temporary homes.  One Army wife observes the odd behavior of a neighboring Russian speaking wife who struggles during her husband's absence largely due to her lack of American skills.

I liked learning about the living arrangements and general lifestyle of the army wives in this story.  It had an interesting and thought-provoking ending.  

2 comments:

  1. This one sounds intriguing because of the birds-eye view it gives to the reader of living on base!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Staci ~ I think I'm going to like this book. Base living has always intrigued me, but I haven't read too much about it.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment. :)

I hope you have a great day and ...
Happy Reading!