Saturday, December 10, 2011

THE BEST CHRISTMAS PAGEANT EVER

Author: Barbara Robison
Genre: Children's Fiction, Standalone
Published:  1972
Personal Rating: 3/5 (just okay)
Format: Audiobook
Yearly Count: 104


The yearly Christmas Pageant is turned upside down when the neighborhood's misfit family join in on the activities.  This is donned as a "beloved classic."

I suppose I can understand why children would enjoy this story, but for me there was probably more that I didn't like than did. And, I don't think the narrator was a good choice at all.  So, overall, it was an odd little book (very peculiar family), but had a good message.  I am glad that I finally took the time to find out what it was about, though.

6 comments:

  1. I picked this up the other day and almost bought a copy during our employee appreciation sale. But for some reason, I set it back down and told myself to get it at the library. I wonder if I'll enjoy the printed version better than you did the audio. Hmmm....

    ReplyDelete
  2. BTW, you've read 104 books?! I think I'm on #30. Sheesh. What a year.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I LOVED this book growing up but I wonder how I'd like it if I read it now. Not sure I want to mess with those fond memories (my 3rd grade teacher read it to us in class...not really sure why).

    ReplyDelete
  4. Honestly can't remember if I checked that little button below...so doing it again... ;)

    Hope you're having a wonderful Monday Joy!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I have a hard time listening to books with a bad narrator or one that isn't the right fit.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Les ~ Umm, maybe. :)

    Well, I'm up to 106 now, HOWEVER, this should make you feel better - 69 were audiobooks! So I technically only read 37. I'm good with that.

    Trish ~ Oh no - NO messing with fond memories! :)

    Vickie ~ I think that was a big part of my disappointment. She could "fit" for other people, but she just didn't work for me.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment. :)

I hope you have a great day and ...
Happy Reading!