Tuesday, December 06, 2011

THE SCRAPBOOK OF FRANKIE PRATT

Author: Caroline Preston
Genre:  Fiction GN, Standalone
Published: 2011
Personal Rating: 3.75/5 (good +)
Format: Book
Yearly Count: 102


A scrapbook was given to Frankie from her mother as a high school graduation gift in 1920.  She, then, finds her father's old Corona typewriter in the cellar and vows to type one page a day.  She immediately begins to fill the book with typical scrapbook memorabilia and ends in the year 1928.

I wasn't wowed by this scrapbook (graphic novel), but I enjoyed the experience and would read another.  It was a great way to learn about the 20s.

5 comments:

  1. I really enjoyed this book and was amazed at how much of a story it told.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I picked this up at the library and haven't read it yet. The concept intrigues me as I love journals and books told in letters.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Bermudaonion ~ Yeah, I'm always surprised with graphic novels. They make a little go a long way.

    Bonnie ~ It's not an epistolary, but it does have a letter or two that she puts in her scrapbook. It's a quick read, and I think you'll enjoy it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Anonymous11:42 PM

    I just picked this one up for a Christmas gift. If I had more time I'd read it myself first!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Stacybuckeye ~ You can check it out from the library. :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment. :)

I hope you have a great day and ...
Happy Reading!