Sunday, August 05, 2012

THE INNOCENT

Author:  Taylor Stevens
Genre:  Thriller,
Vanessa Michael Munroe Series #2
Published:  2011
Personal Rating:  3/5 (just okay)
Format/Narrator:  Audiobook/Hillary Huber
Yearly Count:  67



At five years of age, Hannah was kidnapped into the cult of The Chosen.  Eight years later, her location has been identified, but her loved ones are afraid they will lose her once again without the proper help.  Therefore, they consult Vanessa Michael Munroe to assist.

 I didn't find this one to be any better than the first in the series. Munroe's skills didn't impress me, and I didn't feel anything towards her past experiences.  The plot was okay, but nothing that kept me glued.  Unfortunately, the narrator didn't add anything positive to the mix either.  I'm guessing that they were going for a slight ominous voice/tone, but it just sounded bland and boring to me.  I think this is last of this series for me.




6 comments:

  1. It doesn't sound like that series is a good fir for you. You're smart to let it go.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Bermudaonion ~ It's kind of a bummer, but I think it's the right decision.

      Delete
  2. After giving it two attempts I say go with your gut...thanks for the heads up!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Staci ~ It bummed me out at first when I make that decision, but now I'm good. One less series to follow. :)

      Delete
    2. All these series can get to be a bit much can't they???

      Delete
    3. Staci ~ As much as I love series, it sure is nice to read one good, solid story and be done.

      Delete

Thank you for taking the time to comment. :)

I hope you have a great day and ...
Happy Reading!