Sunday, September 16, 2012

MURDER TAKES TIME

Author:  Giacoma Giammatteo
Genre:  Fiction, Friendship & Honor Series #1
Published:  2012
Personal Rating:  3.5/5 (good)
Format:  eBook
Yearly Count:  78


From the Publisher:
A string of brutal murders has bodies piling up in Brooklyn, and Detective Frankie Donovan knows what is going on. Clues left at the crime scenes point to someone from the old neighborhood, and that isn't good.

Frankie has taken two oaths in his life—the one he took to uphold the law when he became a cop, and the one he took with his two best friends when they were eight years old and inseparable.

Those relationships have forced Frankie to make many tough decisions, but now he faces the toughest one of his life; he has five murders to solve and one of those two friends is responsible. If Frankie lets him go, he breaks the oath he took as a cop and risks losing his job. But if he tries to bring him in, he breaks the oath he kept for twenty-five years—and risks losing his life.

In the neighborhood where Frankie Donovan grew up, you never broke an oath.

I wasn't aware that this book was a mob story.  Unfortunately, I don't care for stories that focus on the mob, because they usually are filled with brutal murders of revenge.  This book was no different, but I committed to reading it, so I followed through and gave it a go.  The good news is that I actually got sucked into the storyline and was curious as to the how the group of boys' lives would evolve.  I actually have thought of them since finishing the book in September.  Hmmm . . .  do I really want to entertain the idea of reading #2?  I'm not sure.  The jury is still out on that one.  :)

Overall, my experience reading Murder Takes Time was surprisingly a good one.  There was horrible language and brutal murders that kept my dislike of mob stories intact, but I did like the cat and mouse action.





My thanks go to Partners in Crime Tours for sending me this eBook.

9 comments:

  1. Thanks so much for taking the time to read the book, and to share it with your readers. I really appreciate it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Giacomo ~ You're welcome. I ended up liking it much more than I thought I would once I realized it was mob-based. That's saying a lot! :)

      Delete
  2. Thank you for your honest review. Good post.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. CMash ~ That's the only way I know how to do it.

      Delete
  3. Teena in Toronto ~ That's great! :) Mob stories are not my thing, but I thought this one was good.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Well, even though the jury is still out on reading #2, it sounds like you at least overall enjoyed this one. I'm not much into mob books either.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Anonymous7:22 PM

    I really don't like mob stories either, books or movies.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Stacybuckeye ~ They all seem the same to me.

      Delete

Thank you for taking the time to comment. :)

I hope you have a great day and ...
Happy Reading!